Service Technician I (81818)
Service Technician I (81818)Apply Now
For more than 25 years our clients and partners have trusted us to improve their operational efficiency and productivity, manage their business risk, and provide them with a predictable cost model. Today we deliver exceptional customer experiences for 1,300 of the largest organizations across the USA.
NWN is looking for a Service Technician to join our team in Houston, TX. This is a 1-2 month contract assignment.
Role Overview The Service Technician Level I role is responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing desktop, network and systems infrastructure solutions for our customers. Scope of Role Responsibilities Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering quality services for one or more technology practices.
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing desktop, network and systems infrastructure solutions for our customers.
- Meeting the billable/chargeable targets set by the company. Billable and chargeable time should consist of assessments, planning, design, configuration, installation and support of the solutions offered by the practice.
- Accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls, and related documentation.
- Attending seminars as requested by the Professional Services Management Team.
- Administration: Consistent and accurate time entry input.
- Provide logistical support for shipping and delivery to local region.
- Loading/unloading of product/equipment
- Prepare pallets/shrink wrap etc.
- Trash removal/disposal
- Warehouse duties (cleaning, sweeping, organization etc.)
- Provide deployment and logistical support.
- Assembly, configuration and installation of equipment (desktop computers, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.).
- Assist with entry-level configurations, imaging, laser engraving, staging etc.
- End point diagnosis, repairs (break/fix) and quality control.
- Provide inventory shipping and receiving support.
- Travel: To Customer sites as needed.
- Complete training as required.
- Provide input for templates used to improve the quality of the service delivery process.
- Acquire technical certifications per training plan.
- Attend technical classes and web training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel to client premises on a daily basis.
- Access to a vehicle and a clean driving record is required if driving.
- A phone reimbursement could be provided, if consistent driving is required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to lift (~50) pounds of weight.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Good written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving or troubleshooting skills.
- Strong client service skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities to keep track of multiple tasks.
- Must be a team player, yet work well independently.
- Entry level desktop technical support experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience and knowledge/ some college preferred.
Job Ref No
Service Technician I (81818)
This website has been temporarily disabled and will be permanently shut down on Tuesday December 10th, 2019.